Contributing the Public Debate
The Bridge Tank is committed to delivering clear ideas, relevant to all –– specialists and citizens alike who are seeking a better understanding of the challenges of globalization and the evolution of global ecosystems. In this section, our team presents a set of editorials and chronicles or reports on our media presence.
- Emerging economies cracked : a matter of economic diversification 15 February 2016 On the occasion of COP21, December 8, Joel Ruet, Chairman of The Bridge Tank, and Guillaume Henry, the lawyer entitled Intellectual Property, presented the report “Sustainable Development and Intellectual Property: Access to technologies emerging” at the prestigious Club “Cercle de l'Union Interalliée”. In his address, Joel Ruet said, “Today, the… Lire la suite
- The African Way to Emerge : The Vision of the Elites 3 November 2015 Despite growth rates that are close to Asian levels, Africa continues to draw doubts from experts, who point to various structural problems. African elites are conscious of the challenges, but promote a positive vision focused on solutions and opportunities. Mohamed Soual (Chief Economist of Moroccan’s leading industrial company), Mamadou Lamine… Lire la suite
- Emerging Africa : Under Which Conditions ? 13 October 2015 It’s Africa’s turn to emerge according to experts. But according to those external voices, it will only happen provided that the continent enhances its natural resources. In this column published in Le Mondeon the 13th of October 2015, Joel Ruet and El Hadj Kassé (Minister-Counselor to the President of Senegal) believe… Lire la suite
- Meet the Prospective Next UN Secretary-General 1 October 2015 Global leaders are gathering in New York this week for the 70thregular session of the United Nations General Assembly, and the search for Ban Ki-moon’s successor is intensifying. Candidates will be needed who have experience in shepherding complex multilateral relationships, can be a bridge builder between the United States, Russia, and… Lire la suite
- French Blindness on Indian Industry 1 June 2015 Beyond the Rafale’s “deal” with India, France needs to fundamentally change the way it understands the position of India within the global economy today. As India develops partnerships and seeks to strengthen its power in global industry, France needs to incorporate India’s new vision and “Make in India” program into… Lire la suite
- Modi should look to India’s neigbours 6 October 2014 “Mr Modi’s government must begin to deliver concrete results to the electorate in order to retain their votes before the next general election. Infrastructure projects and educational reform will not bear fruit for at least another five to 10 years, yet tackling poverty and economic empowerment need not take so… Lire la suite