An Active Member in the International Community
Ahead of the international agenda and beyond the media rush, the Bridge Tank draws from its research and brings its innovative analyses to decision-makers by hosting our own events and participating in major global fora where our members have engaged in a recurring dialogue. Based on curated and stable strategic choices defined with our International Advisory Board, we provide Reports and Policy Briefs bringing “solutions” to selected audiences, in a spirit of balanced engagement with all active parties on the issues that mobilize us. Since 2016, the Bridge Tank has also been a member of the T20 –– the G20’s engagement group, comprising of around a hundred global think tanks.
- Paris COP21 – Deploying electric vehicles in Brazil and India 4 January 2016 At COP21, in the Climate Generations area at Le Bourget on 7 December, experts from The Bridge Tank, the Sustainable Mobility Institute and Renault discussed the issue of electric mobility in India and Brazil, along with the energy, environmental and societal issues it raises. An opportunity for Joël Ruet to… Read more
- Paris COP21 – The Bridge Tank contributes to a report on sustainable development and intellectual property 25 December 2015 On the occasion of the COP21, on 8 December, Joël Ruet, President of The Bridge Tank, and intellectual property lawyer Guillaume Henry presented the report "Sustainable Development and Intellectual Property: Access to Technologies in Emerging Countries" at the Cercle de l'Union Interalliée. In his presentation, Joël Ruet indicated that "the… Read more
- Policy Brief: For a Rural Economic Ecosystem Strategy: Towards Inclusive Growth in Emerging Countries 6 November 2015 Emergence is not just industrial or urban. The Bridge Tank outlines a strategy for inclusive growth through the creation-densification of agricultural economic ecosystems forming a diversified rural economy. In the context of the emergence of urban economies of Asia and Africa, this Policy brief sets out an inclusive growth strategy… Read more
- The Bridge Tank attends the third India-Africa Forum Summit 5 November 2015 The third India-Africa Forum Summit was held in New Delhi, India, from 26th to 29th October 2015. The Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi invited African heads of states and governments. This summit notably included a discussion with the Indian Minister of Finance Arun Jaitly, as well as one with the… Read more
- Participation of the Bridge Tank in the 15th edition of the Bamako Forum 23 February 2015 The city of Bamako hosted the 15th edition of the Bamako Forum from February 19 to 21, 2015, organized by Malian President Ibrahim Boubacar Keïta. It offers a chance to public decision-makers, professionals from the public, parapublic and private sectors, international institutions, development partners, civil society and the media to… Read more
- The Bridge Tank attends the United States – Africa Leaders Summit in the presence of Barack Obama 7 August 2014 The very first United States - Africa Leaders Summit took place on 5-6 August 2014 in Washington DC. Joël Ruet attended in link with the Senegalese and Malian delegations. This forum included a discussion organised at the German Marshall Fund. with Niger’s President Mahamadou Issoufou presenting the 3N programme: "Niger… Read more